If you like your food with a bit of kick, these Patak's Madras Paste Pots won't disappoint. This authentic blend of aromatic spices, coriander, papriki and chilli is perfect for adding bags of flavour to braised meat and rice dishes.
- Patak's Madras Paste Pots
- Pack contents: 6 x 2pk = 12 x 70g
- Heat level: Hot
- Each pot serves 2
- Vegetarian friendly
- No perservatives, colours or flavours
- Best Before: 30/06/2021
- Please note: contains mustard. May contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts.
Quick Madras Chicken Rice
Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 2
JUST ADD: 300 g Chicken thigh cut into large chunks, 70 g Greek natural yogurt, 150 g raw Basmati Rice, 1 tbsp Oil, 1 red onion sliced thick, approx. 200 g Spinach, 3 Capsicums (1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green) thick slices, 2 sticks Celery sliced.
READY IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS:
1. Combine the Madras paste pot & yogurt, add the chicken and leave to marinade (refrigerated) for several hours or overnight if possible.
2. Grill under pre-heated medium grill, turning occasionally until the chicken is fully cooked.
3. Cook basmati rice as per on pack instructions.
4. Heat oil in a wok or pan, stir fry the onion and celery. Add the capsicums. Stir fry for a couple of minutes, add the spinach and wilt.
5. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and mix through the rice and serve with the stir fry veg.
Ready in 65 minutes. Serves 2
JUST ADD: 1 onion, 300 g lamb & 200 mL coconut milk
READY IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS
1. Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan, add onion and fry until soft.
2. Add 1 paste pot and 50 mL of water; cook until water has evaporated.
3. Add lamb, cook until sealed.
4. Add coconut milk, simmer covered for 30 min.
5. Remove pan lid and simmer uncovered for 20 min until the lamb is tender and the sauce is to your desired thickness. Season to taste.